Button Battery Dangers have been brought to our attention again through The Seattle Times in their ‘Health & Fitness’ section. Melissa Dribben from The Philadelphia Inquirer put together a comprehensive introduction to whet ore interest in this topic.
An excerpt is below with a Link to the article.
Button Battery Dangers
“Button batteries continue to pose health risks for children”
“The Consumer Product Safety Commission first warned about button batteries in 1983. Yet each year, about 3,000 children are injured and several die after swallowing the objects or sticking them up their nose.”
“Lincoln Punch was a week old in April 2011 when his 3-year-old sister found a pair of tweezers with a tiny light attached. The girl broke open the compartment containing two button batteries that powered the light, then fed the shiny disks to the baby.”
“Lincoln nearly died.”
Read the full story by clicking the Link below>>>
“The Consumer Product Safety Commission first warned about button batteries in 1983, saying they should be kept away from children. And yet each year, about 3,000 children are injured and several die after swallowing the coinlike objects or sticking them up their nose.”
Children are curious and makes it imperative to understand Button Battery Dangers. They like to open items to see what is inside. They also are very observant, and like to go into the storage places we keep dangerous items. In this case, these button batteries power radios, toys, flashlights, and many of the items that we use everyday. They find them in these items and in the drawers/boxes in which we store the button batteries.
To Your Parenting Success!
Do You have an opinion? Please leave your questions, ideas, answers, and comments below, or send an email to… SuccessfulParentingSolutions@gmail.com
Remember to ‘LIKE’ and ‘SHARE’ this post!